Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Awe

My son, actually both of my son's have impressed me all along. They are sweet, funny and exceptionally smart little boys. Trey is 2.5 going on 20 so everything he says is super funny but by now we expect the unexpected from him. Nash on the other hand is still learning to put words together but he is so incredibly smart and intuitive it amazes me everyday. As we know he reads and does simple math and counts by hundreds, 2's, 10's singles etc. etc. Knows his months, days, colors, shapes etc. It's more than just these skills though because he is putting it all together it's not just memorization. He is a problem solver and his wheels are turning all the time. Speech and eating are still are biggest challenges but what amazes me is that each day they become less of a challenge. Yes probably equivalent to a grain of sand but those add up and what it is adding up to is an amazing little boy. His teachers and therapists constantly praise him and even on days that nothing major happens they still say how great he is doing. Everyone sees the progress and as his proud mommy it is a wonderful feeling. In general gross motor activities weren't his favorite. He much preferred going on the swings to any climbing activities. Today in therapy instead of climbing we had him ride his tricycle and his scooter. I had no idea how it would go as it's been a long time since we played outside and again this was not his idea of fun playtime. Not once did he try to go on the swings! He loved alternating between the bike and the scooter and put one foot on the scooter and pulled himself along with the other foot for almost an entire hour! When I went back outside to check on them he said "hi mom" "my bike". I mean... no words for this one. Watching him partake in this was amazing, but hearing him talk about it and want to share it like hey mom I'm riding my bike", was unreal. He is moving fast and like everyone on his team reminds me daily, just because he isn't spouting out the sentences just yet, doesn't mean it all isn't going on in his head. He's such an awesome kid. I'm SO lucky that he's mine! That they both are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment