Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shout outs and pats on the back...

N has an inclusion shadow at the typical preschool he attends on Thursday and Friday each week. She is so wonderful and after pick up today I decided she really deserves a should out! We got super lucky when they assigned Katie to us and we just found out that she will also be ours for the entire summer 5 mornings a week while he goes to camp at the same place. She is an OT student which is just an added perk but just the way the she is with him and her eagerness to let him try things on his own and become independent really make her amazing. We are so lucky! Also, leading into pat on the back but one more quick shout out first.. N swims every Thursday at the same preschool. It's an amazing feature they offer and he adores the pool. They have a whole routine set up for him and he is doing great with his lessons. My younger son is having a hard time when his teacher takes him to his swim class on Wednesdays. He likes to swim with us but for some reason  has cried the last 2 weeks since he started and refuses to go in. Here is the pat on the back part... after a long day of carting kids to preschool and therapy and running my business etc, etc. I picked up my nephews and packed my boys bathing suits and took them right over to the same pool. All 4 boys went swimming for an hour and played together. I went and asked the instructor who N loves but T is afraid of, if she would stop by and say hi while we were playing in the pool. Here is the shout out part.. Rhonda came over and saw that N was in the play side of the pool and first brought over a barbell and made N show us his skills. She had him climb to the swim side and take his barbell and next thing I know my kid is swimming everywhere all by himself! She is working on taking the barbell away and says it will happen by the summer! She is amazing! On top of how much N loves her and how grateful we are for teaching us such a priceless skill (everyone should learn to swim) she managed to win T over by the end of the visit and now he is excited for his Wedneday class! I pat my exhausted self on the back but I suppose I was really just the driver in all this. Just drove them to the location ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment