Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So now I'm caught up

I have posted all the posts from my old blog and now one year and one month since my last post I think I'll do a summary of where we are and then I will update much more frequently.
N turned 4 in December. He is doing amazingly well in school and therapy and talking tons more. He spells, knows numbers, letters, can count to 100 by ten's, count in spanish, taught himself to play 3 video game handheld systems (we had to quit cold turkey they were too consuming). He is stringing words together and is requesting spontaniously. The more motivated he is the more the words come so "chocolate ball" or "milk" come out often. As I've always said, I'm greedy and want full sentences and initiation. Truthfully, I am amazed and inspired by the progress my hard working boy has made. He was sick for almost a month (we all were with this and that) and now that he is healthy he plunged forward even more. We are still in the special needs preschool 3 days and my dream goal for June is to qualify for the next step up special needs class but if not we will be just fine. 2 days a week N is at a local preschool with an inclusion support counselor. She is awesome and an OT student so we got very lucky. ( N is in the other room with hubby spelling words. Not Dog but Apple,toes, shirt, paper, etc.) The kid is smart. Really, really smart! We just started with a brand new slp and started back with one of our first slp's and I'm super excited about both. They are getting him at a great time as he is really ready to grasp this language thing! We have 2 OT's and one music therapist. 6 days N is in some type of therapy aside from our time together during all free moments. He also has started eating new things like american cheese that took one year to get him to eat and yogurt which he grabbed out of the fridge yesterday and just scarfed down. Shock and excitement all around! We are happy and love that 3 days a week we have therapy in the house. It is still a flat out fortune to pay for these required services and still plan to make a difference, someday when I have a little spare time ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment