Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sooo tired

It's just so much work. We have increased therapy for the summer and I'm so excited for the progress but it is only week one and I'm drained. We started brushing and cut out theraputic listening until we are done in a couple weeks. For once we have something with an end date. Everything else in our world is until its done..I love the changes I'm starting to see and the drastic ones I have seen all along but it is SO MUCH WORK!!

Its not only the driving, coordinating, particiating, childcare organizing, its also the walls you have to constantly walk into...

Since insurance ran out and our estimated date was off, I spent all my time waiting for their answer where in hindsight I wish I'd been applying for grants.

So far Elks club looks the most promising and they are such generous people. They have told me they are still unsure about how much they can give me but will do their best to help. No one else has said that! No one has meant it.

We submitted to the disabled children insurance or something on Monday but she didn't submit it for review until today, thursday so wait we must. 2 charities who seemed promising haven't responded to me and some of the organizations I have contacted,have representatives who literally scare me. They are all nice but so ignorant that its almost too much to take.

One referred me the local RDI freak who I had contaced months ago. His program wasn't for us and he was a flake. She also proceeded to tell me about the conputer that communicates for you. This after I explained that my VERBAL son needs speech therapy. One asked if I had heard of the play program. She meant the project so I asked her if she wanted me to spend an additional 390 per month. She thought they gave charity,,!? . That sucks!

As soon as I'm done getting my kid caught up I'm going to start a charity and raise money from here to forever because it is unnaceptable that ignorance is allowed to remain front and center. Too tired right now but not forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment